We didn’t think the globally established and proven project management method that is PRINCE2® could be improved, but AXELOS have proved us wrong.
In this bundle we have included both the accredited PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner online training courses. With this bundle you still start with the very beginning at a foundation level, then once you have passed your PRINCE2® Foundation examination you will be able to proceed to the PRINCE2® Practitioner training, where you will develop your newly founded skills into more advanced concepts.
At its heart PRINCE2® 2017 is very similar to the previous version (PRINCE2® 2009), but some small changes can make a big difference.
- PRINCE2® 2017 has a greater focus on the PRINCE2 principles
- Greater clarity on the link between the themes and principles
- Increased emphasis on tailoring to take account different environments such as complex commercial projects and those using Agile techniques
- Restructuring of the themes guidance to accommodate specific examples of tailoring
- The practical application of the guidance, with numerous examples, hints, and tips
What is PRINCE2®?
PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments 2) is a methodology that prioritises control, organisation, quality, reliability and efficiency.
It was originally derived from the government standard of IT project management methodology known as PROMPT II, and was then developed and used outside of the industry after being redefined for more general project management. The UK Government now adopt PRINCE2® methodology in several departments.
Since then, PRINCE2® has become one of the most popular methodologies in the world, over 1,000,000 people have now taken their exams.
The Accredited PRINCE2® 2017 Foundation Training
This foundation course covers all of the official 2017 syllabus, which includes the following elements:
Introduction to projects and PRINCE2® – explains what makes projects different from BAU and introduces the four integrated elements of PRINCE2®
The 7 Principles:
Continued Business Justification
Learn from Experience
Defined Roles and Responsibilities
Manage by Stages
Manage by Exception
Focus on Products
Tailor to the Project Environment
The 7 Themes:
Business Case – wy are we investing in the project?
Organization – who do we need to manage the project?
Quality – what we have to deliver to ensure fit-for-purpose
Plans – how will we deliver, when & resource requirements
Risk – managing uncertainty
Change – understanding implications of changing requirements
Progress – understanding & controlling where we are against plans
The 7 Processes:
Process Model – to explain the flow between processes
Starting up a Project – pre-project preparation
Directing a Project – decision making and providing resources
Initiating a Project – developing a full and firm foundation
Controlling a Stage – day-to-day project manager’s work
Managing Product Delivery – day-to-day team managers work
Managing a Stage Boundary – preparing for project board progress decisions
Closing a Project – tidy close
Detailed Information on 2 Techniques:
Product Based Planning
Quality review Technique
The Accredited PRINCE2® 2017 Practitioner Training
This practitioner course covers the entire official syllabus for practitioner level, with a focus on applying the method. The course includes the following elements:
Detailed Explanation / Preparation for the Practitioner Exams:
- Guidance on the practitioner exam / question styles
- Guidance on how to prepare you manual for the exam
- Subject by subject guidance on key aspects examined
- Exam hints and tips
Refresh on the 7 Principles:
Refresh on key points of the 7 Themes:
- Business Case – why are we investing in the project?
- Organization – who do we need to manage the project?
- Quality – what we have to deliver to ensure fit-for-purpose
- Plans – how will we deliver, when & resource requirements
- Risk – managing uncertainty
- Change – understanding implications of changing requirements
- Progress – understanding & controlling where we are against plans
Refresh on key points regarding the 7 Processes:
- Process Model – to explain the flow between processes
- Starting up a Project – pre-project preparation
- Directing a Project – decision making and providing resources
- Initiating a Project – developing a full and firm foundation
- Controlling a Stage -day-to-day project manager’s work
- Managing Product Delivery – day-to-day team managers work
- Managing a Stage Boundary – preparing for project board progress decisions
- Closing a Project – tidy close
Although this option does not include the official foundation exam, here is some information about it in case you wish to upgrade later.
The foundation exam is a 1 hour closed book multiple choice examination. There are 75 questions with 5 of the questions for trial and feedback purposes so will not carry a mark. To pass the exam you need to score 50% (35 of the 70 available marks).
Preparing for an Exam
Do not sit the exam before you’re ready and feel confident. We recommend that you should only consider booking an official exam when you have achieved the following:-
- Worked through all the course sections and units at least once
- Completed the exam simulator tests and achieved a repeatable score of 50% / above.
Don’t feel nervous about the exam process. Our comprehensive eLearning course covers the exam syllabus in full and we will also provide you with exam hints and tips. Furthermore, we (unlike many competitors) pay extra for the premium remote proctoring service. With this ProctorU service you will be personally guided through the on-line exam process rather than having your exam being recorded and watched by an invigillator later. This means there are fewer opportunities for your exam to be disqualified because of in-advertant mistakes with in the exam process itself.
Exam Voucher / Booking
If you upgrade and go on to purchase an exam you will be sent an email with a voucher code and a link to use the code to make your booking. The exam is run through our Examination Institute (PeopleCert) remote ProctorU service. You can book your exam for a time and day of your choosing including weekends and evenings, but you need to give 10 days notice of when this is. Withn 24 hours of booking your exam you will receive a confirmation email asking you to resigester on the PeopleCert’s (Exam Institute) website before for your exam takes place.
Please note that you need to redeem your voucher (book your exam) within the course expiry period.
There are some conditions (such as dyslexia) that qualify for extra time in the examinations. If you think you may qualify for extra time please let us know when you book your exam.
Please note that you will need to provide documentary evidence of the condition to qualify for extra time and give us 20 days’ notice of your booking.
Minimum specifications for the computer are:
Microsoft Windows XP, or later
Modern and up to date Browser (Internet Explorer 8 or later, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
OSX/iOS 6 or later
Modern and up to date Browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
Internet bandwidth of 1Mb or faster
Flash player or a browser with HTML5 video capabilities (We recommend Google Chrome)